Friday, July 1, 2011

Procrastination is a Miracle...some thoughts on writing by SARK

Dear Miracle Writer - 
 
All of my 25 procrastinating years with my writing were the perfect way to create my writing dreams that I'm living today. And I believe this is true for you too. 

Mainly because procrastination gives us time. Time to avoid, delay, ruminate, wonder, read, go on long walks. This time was crucial to my development as a writer. And even if you don't procrastinate, whatever has happened to you, has nourished your writing life.
 
I simply wasn't ready to begin living as a writer, and making a living as a writer any sooner. I needed to claim my writing life and myself as a writer AND life living soul. I now know that with the right guidance, I could have claimed it sooner.

Now I've been creating a living, a business and all the books I've ever dreamed of for the past 22 years, I'm here to tell you that procrastination is fun, and writing and publishing is even more fun!

All of my 16 bestselling books have been created with the miracles of procrastination.

Perfectionism is a little more tricky - but I've graduated to part-time perfectionism, which I never believed was possible!

So if you write poetry, non-fiction, fiction, children's books or screenplays, or keep journals and diaries, or any other type of writing, be inspired. Shy or introverted people especially welcome. I specialize also in people who resist, avoid, or claim to be too busy to write, or would rather just write while sleeping but can't figure out how to do it!
 
Happily writing and living,
Susan
aka SARK


p.s. The photograph above was taken by my friend Leslie in a bookstore in Australia. I think they like SARK;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment