Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Barn Dance


Last night I finished the book, "The Barn Dance" by James Twyman and was literally blown away... If you ever wondered if Life and Love are eternal, or are looking for validation that there is no separation anywhere in the Universe...This book is for you! Please take the energy, time and investment and pick up this incredible read...run, don't walk to your nearest bookseller and purchase "The Barn Dance"...

Or if you have already read this...I would be interested on your insights and comments!

Here is an excerpt of a review by Jim Gleason...

"The Barn Dance by James Twyman. What an interesting storyline! As the cover teases us with: “Somewhere between heaven and earth, there is a place where the magic never ends . . .” and in reading I was reminded of yet another very special novel, The Shack, with a similarity in story but of different authors. In his introduction, James Twyman introduces this as his own true story, but in reading, I can’t tell if it really is or was that his way of making the fictional novel seem more real/interesting.

In The Barn Dance, two lovers meet after the death of his wife and without giving away any of the story, allow me to quote something that touched me deeply from their dialogue, a message that goes beyond human love with its message of how God loves us without limit. The departed wife is describing how she feels towards her husband in this strange “between heaven and life” encounter:

She is speaking: “And now I can love you in an even deeper way. I’m not bound by the same emotions I was on Earth. Now I can see you in a way that defies all those limitations, and love you for who you are in truth . . . just like God does.”

He replies: “You said that yesterday as well, but I’m not sure I know what you mean.”

She continues: “It means that I can love you without conditions. That’s the highest love there is, and that’s why I say that it’s the same as the love of God. God doesn’t love us for what we’ve done or who we may someday become. God loves us because we are created perfect, and what God creates perfect remains perfect no matter what happens.” . . .

(I continue . . .) And it goes on even deeper and in a very beautiful way, describing a very positive and hopeful God that I have found in my own life here on earth. I hope and pray that you too can find that in your own life, wherever that may be. Go and find this wonderful book and you can continue that particular thought from the bottom of page 143… "

No comments:

Post a Comment